Friday, September 14, 2012

Sweet Dreams are Made of This: Elegy on Lost Loves, Part 2

Gentle readers of any persuasion, I present to you the most perfect cookie in the world: Petite Ecolier by Lu!!!!

The bottom portion is a perfectly formed butter biscuit in the European tradition. Just sweet enough to count as a dessert, but not gooey or too sweet like so many American cookies. And on top of that perfectly formed butter biscuit sits a slab of chocolate, embossed with the portrait of a schoolboy from an earlier century. They make a milk chocolate version, but I prefer the dark chocolate Noir version with 45% cocoa.

My favorite way to eat them was to nibble a small bite, feeling the snap of the crisp butter biscuit, and letting the cookie and chocolate melt and blend together before a small mash (I wouldn't call it chewing really) prior to swallowing.  All of the flavor is released the moment the chocolate reaches the liquid point, so letting the cookie melt in the mouth is the only way to experience its greatness.

Le sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean! I don't mind disagreement and snark, but I won't tolerate abuse. Wit is especially appreciate.